Do I have to fund my account that is handled by the jail’s phone provider such as Securus, GTL, PayTel (Pay-Tel), IC Solutions and GTL.net service ConnectNetwork) ?
Yes, your account must be funded in order for the inmate to be able to make a call.
Please note if your inmate is in federal prison:
- In federal prisons, inmates are charged through their commissary account, at a rate of 6¢ a minute for local calls.
- Please consult the Federal Bureau of Prisons http://www.bop.gov for more information about ways to set up and charge a commissary account.
- Give the new SecTel JAIL CALL NUMBER to your inmate (in a letter, fax, during a visit, over the phone)
- When the inmate calls you on the SecTel JAIL CALL NUMBER you will reduce the cost of your conversation by 17¢ a minute, and pay only 6¢ a minute.
That means that if the inmate uses his/her allotted 300 minutes per month, only $18 will be charged from his/her commissary account, instead of the regular $69.
In that way, “SecTel Local Jail Call Service” saves you and your inmate $51 per month.
Please note if your inmate is in state prison or county jail:
- All calls from jail/prison are collect
- An account with the jail/prison phone service provider is needed - there is no way around it.
- The account with the jail/prison phone service provider needs to be funded to make call from the jail/prison.n.
Please consult the particular state Department of Corrections website for more details on setting up an account with the licensed provider and their local phone call rates.
- By registering the SecTel JAIL CALL NUMBER instead of your personal number will save you a lot of money - you will be charged at a local phone call rate instead of the outrageously high long distance rate you usually pay.
- Give the new SecTel JAIL CALL NUMBER to your inmate (in a letter, fax during a visit, over the phone)
- When the inmate calls you on the SecTel JAIL CALL NUMBER you will reduce the cost of your conversation by at least 30%, and in some cases even up to 80%.
While the specific rate for local calls is different from state to state, and from facility to facility, one thing is certain for all of them - with SecTel JAIL CALL NUMBER you will save on average between 30% and 80% per month!